Lesson 1.1: Creating a Blog using WordPress
Our second lesson in the Blogging and Social Media 101 Learning series is “Creating a Blog with using WordPress”.
This FREE e-learning series provides technical hands-on tutorial to anyone online and provide additional learning materials for those joining:
- Digital Marketing for HORECA, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Tourism Industry (February 17 – Bacolod, March 9 – Baguio, April 20 – Cebu, June 15 – Davao, August 3 – Manila)
- Digital Marketing for Real Estate Industry (February 18 – Bacolod, March 10 – Baguio, April 21 – Cebu, June 16 – Davao, August 4 – Manila)
- Certified Blog and Social Media Entrepreneur Program (ONLINE class starts on March 3)
Creating a Blog using WordPress
You will need a web hosting account to get this tutorial done. I am using MediaTemple.
WordPress is a popular platform for many reasons including:
- Build your business presence.
Numerous complimentary tools that expands the blogging platform to a full blown website engine and most of them can be used for free. You only pay when you want to upgrade or get further support.
- Sell your goods or services online.
Add e-commerce capabilities and start accepting payment or booking through your site.
- Engage your readers.
Add social networking and forums to make your site a full-blown online community.
- Showcase your works or projects.
Build catalogs or galleries to display works you have done for viewing or selection of prospects.